After getting results back I can now go back and begin working on feedback and any bugs that have been discovered since the final demo and consequent submission.
This feedback and bugs include:
- Improve and complete building models, including texturing and material choices
- Improve dialogue system to have redundancy incase of player diversion from main path
- Add a material to the crystals
- Add spoken narration and increase the text size slightly (auto adjust for screen differences)
- Implement goals as they are not clear and the player got lost easily
- Implement visual and auditory feedback on crystal interaction to indicate if they are ‘cleansed’
- Improve menu screen as it is aesthetically ugly in its current form
- Implement a combat system to fight the evil spirits which would have to include a health variable and also actions and animation
- Increase size and detail of town centre tree
- Expand world
- Water texturing – using the ‘Flow’ Unity Asset
- Add props and interactables to the world
Further to this list of fixes are a few minor sound and visual changes. Lastly, I created an Itch.io page, for the game, where you can download and comment on the game – feedback is very welcome.